3rd September 2021
I trust that you are all safe and well and that you have taken some time to get out and about with the lifting of many restrictions. It remains an ever changing landscape and as always I will be as transparent as I can be with you about Red Kite’s plans given that the boundaries and ‘rules’ are changing all of the time; as a Head Teacher trying to keep ahead of all the news and be one step ahead it is a challenging time!
We continue to evolve our plans based on government advice and have a Covid Contingency Plan in place which we will refer to, as and when, situations arise.
We appreciate that coming back to school may be a challenge for many of our children but our experience tells us that we need to approach it with positivity and aim for normality as quickly as we can; all of our children are unique and we will continue to support them and their needs individually. We will have our family support and pastoral team on hand ready to offer support and guidance as needed.
We have some new staff and they will introduce themselves to you as they meet with you. I also need to inform you that Sam Alladin has resigned due to personal reasons and we currently have an experienced teacher – Joe leading the class, he will be supported by the SLG team. We are also pleased to have Tom O Dwyer – the CEO of the KLF Trust based at Red Kite for the opening of new term and look forward to him being fully involved in the school day!
Further points for your information
- The school day will operate the normal school hours
- Transport will operate for those children that require it; please remain at the school gate if you are walking and stay in your car with your hazard lights on if you are driving
- Hot meals commence with Love Food from September 3rd – Natalie in Reception can answer any queries with regards to this
- The Kettle will remain closed and appointments with Sam will be available via Zoom/telephone
- Staff will continue to wear PPE for intimate care
- All staff and children will sanitise their hands regularly
- We will provide as much outdoor experiences as we can
- No visitors will be on site unless agreed by myself
- Students can wear masks if they wish
- All staff wear hygiene bum bags to regularly sanitise
- All secondary students should test twice a week for Covid – we will be sending home more kits
- All staff continue to test twice a week
- Blue home school books have been replaced by an electronic version – Class DOJO – your class teacher will support you in accessing this
New Sixth Form
Project managing this on top of leading the school has been a challenge but I am delighted that the Red Kite Lookout opens its door to its first cohort of students this week! It looks amazing and we will be sharing plans for an official opening and tours shortly.
I trust that all of the above gives you some clarity; as ever I aim to give you as much relevant information as and when I can. Please do contact the school if you need any further support.
I really look forward to when our school community is properly back together again and continue to hope that all our children, young people, families and staff stay safe and well.
Here’s to a safe and settled, fun filled and happy Autumn Term!