Employment opportunities are tailored to meet the needs of the different pathways. Employment is taught through Enterprise, work experience, preparation for adulthood, PSHE and Options sessions.
Pupils have the opportunity of taking part in work experience, both in house and/or external to Red Kite. In addition to work experience, where suitable, pupils will engage in volunteer work and social action activities throughout their time at Red Kite.
Enterprise is delivered as a discrete subject area through the delivery of the Gatsby Benchmark. Within the Lookout we aim to achieve (where deemed appropriate) all 8 Benchmarks recommended by the Gatsby Foundation, establishing:
- A stable careers plan
- Learning from careers and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance